The State Bible
The state bible was printed in 1663 by the 'Widow and heirs of Johan Elzevier' in Leiden and is bound in leather and equipped with two locks. Until 1984, it lay in the pulpit. However, the centuries-old pages were suffering from the effects of the fidgeting fingers and lingering sleeves of the many preachers and the bible was ultimately restored in 1984 by Hielko Luchies of Noordscheschut. This bible is no longer used for security reasons.